So, again, this is what I started with after I cleaned up the hinges.
I took my trusty 'ole spray paint...
...and gave them a couple of coats on the front and back.
As a side-note, when I tried putting these screws back in, some of them started to get stripped again. So, I ended up using the screws below that I bought at Home Depot. I took one of the original screws and had an associate there help me to find replacements. These worked perfectly. At 98 cents per bag, it was worth the $11 I spent on these new screws because putting the old ones back in was starting to be a headache.
Another side-note, my spray paint trigger broke after the 2nd coat. I didn't really care for the sparkly finish in the paint for the hinges, but that's what I had on hand. Since I needed to get a new can, I picked up Krylon's Metallic Satin Nickel. I ended up liking this one much better because it didn't give a shiny, sparkly finish (and it was cheaper too). I gave a quick coat to cover the Rustoleum and all was right in the world again.
Here is a before & after of the hinges.
Much, much better! And please ignore the scratch mark on the left of the above hinge. I did that while screwing in the new screws. I did that on several of them - oopsie! Oh well - doesn't need to be perfect, especially because they look so much better than before.
Posted by http://adventuresindiy1759.blogspot.com/