Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY Disney Antenna Topper Ornaments

Can you believe Christmas is here in a few more days?!?!  I think we all say it every year, but each year really does go by so quickly!

I have a quick project for you today.  In fact, I've shared these DIY Disney Antenna Topper Ornaments in the past, but wanted to give a tutorial on how to make them.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Gift Idea: Man Crates

Hello there!  I know it's been awhile since I've popped on the blog, but wanted to share an awesome Christmas gift idea.  I don't know about you, but there are a few men in my life that are really hard to shop for!   Man Crates offers unique gift sets for those hard-to-shop-for men in your life!

Monday, October 20, 2014

DIY Minnie Mouse Pumpkin Shirt

Just popping in to share a quick project...I actually made this t-shirt a year ago for my niece.   I got the t-shirt at Michael's (similar to this).  They are pretty cheap to buy & if they're not on sale, you can use a coupon.

There are different brands of iron-on transfer paper.  I'm currently using Jolee's brand, but I've used the Avery brand before too.  Either works fine - just make sure to buy the type for the color shirt you are using (there's one for white fabric & one for colored fabric).  The instructions will be included with the packet, so you can just follow those.

I found this image through a Google search.  Whatever image you end up using, just make sure to reverse the image if it has writing on it - that way when you iron it on, it will come out the correct way.

The shirt was actually too big for her last year.  It's still a bit big for her, so we tied it at the side on the bottom to bring it in.  I also used orange ribbon on the sleeves to pull those up a bit more, but one of the ribbons fell off early on in the day, so I'll need to fix that.

Have you ever used iron-on transfer paper to make things?  I've used it for t-shirts, pillows, tote bags, & even a dog bed - it's a great way to personalize things & make them your own and really easy to do!

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Jack Skellington Halloween Jar

***Repost***  I thought I would share this post again since it's one of my more popular ones this time of year...

After I made these cute Halloween jars (using this tutorial on this Not So Idle Hands post), I finished up a jar of pickles leaving me with another empty jar that I could make another one with.  But, I had to figure out what I wanted for it to be.  Then, I had the great idea to make a Jack Skellington one!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

DIY "Monsters Inc" Mike Wazowski Costume

Hello!  How is everyone's Fall shaping up?  Here in Southern California, we're still pretty hot, but this week the weather will be cooling down to the mid 80s/high 70s!  Woo hoo!  Seriously, I'm O-V-E-R this heat!

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, then you know I love Halloween.  I've been super busy lately, so haven't had time to put up any Fall/Halloween decorations yet, but I was able to get my Halloween costume done (even before October 1st!!!).  I've had the idea to be Mike Wazowski from "Monsters Inc" for a few years now, but decided that this was the year of Mike!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Summer Fun 2014

Fall is quickly approaching, although, here in Southern California, it still feels like we're in the middle of summer!  It's my favorite time of year and my calendar is already loaded up with things to do!  So, before Fall officially starts, I thought I'd share my summer fun with you.

Disneyland's Rock Your Disney Side 24 Hour Event
(click above for the blog post I previously shared)...We didn't spend the entire 24 hours at the parks, but went down there after work.  There were so many people there - when we left at 2am, there were still a lot of people showing up!  But, they made it like a party atmosphere, so it didn't seem so bad and we had a blast!

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Adventures in the Caribbean

Just popping in for another travel report....last month I went on a Caribbean cruise with some friends. Ever since my trip to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, I've been wanting to explore some other Caribbean islands and a cruise is definitely the way to do it!