Over the last month, I purchased a brand-spankin-new appliance and a few kitchen gadgets, so a few more instruction manuals are now added to my collection. I decided to reorganize how I store them since it was a getting a tad messy. At first, I kept everything in my filing cabinet. I decided that I wanted them all together in one central spot that was easy to get to. My next idea was to put them in a 3 ring binder using page protectors. But, some of the manuals were too big to fit inside the page protectors and some of them were small & made the pages kind of flimsy when turning them. I wasn't happy with that. On to Plan C - I bought this expanding file at Walmart. Yeah, it's not the prettiest thing, but that's Walmart for ya and I'm on a budget. Sometimes beggers cannot be choosers.
I've been using it for about a year and it's been working out very nicely. It's currently stored in my Craft room's mini-office on the top shelf. But, look at how thick this puppy is.
Much better! It made a big difference.
I took everything out of and made 6 piles by subject/type. Once that was done, I made labels for the tabs on each section (for some reason, I never did this when I first started using it). I didn't get too fancy with the labels - just hand wrote them.
Then I got my old school label maker...
So, it's not pretty and cute, but it's functional, keeps all the manuals in one spot, and best of all, it works for me.
Linked up to:
I Heart Organizing's Home Office Organization link party
Delightful Order's Organizing Papers link party