Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mini Birdhouse

We're at the end of the week and I sure am ready for the weekend - how about you?!?!? 

I bought this cute little birdhouse over the weekend at the Dollar Tree.  It was unfinished, but I figured I could spray paint it and go from there.  I primed and sprayed it with Rustoleum's Heirloom White since that's one of the colors I had on hand.   I also taped off the string at the top so paint wouldn't get on it.

When I was at Target, I found some of that washi tape everyone has been raving about, so I grabbed a pack of it.

Using the roll of diagonal stripes, I taped it across the bottom.

And that was it!

Pretty simple and cute!  The most time consuming thing was just waiting for the paint to dry.  I was originally going to put it on the lima bean wreath that I made last year.

Minus the "boo" sign, sillies!  ;)  I haven't figured out how I want to attach it yet, so for now it's sitting next to the bird's nest I found in my yard.  I gave it a little update the other day by putting these little mossy mossnesses (that's better than the other word I was going to use) underneath the nest to give it a little more height and color. 

Alrighty - most likely I won't post again until the end of the weekend since I'll be busy.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.