Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Summer Wreath Re-Deux

Last summer, I made this cute wreath using a foam pool noodle.

Turns out the pool noodle was not the best choice to use as a wreath form for this particular project.  The jute & sisal I used was way too heavy and after only a little bit of time caused it to sag, giving it an egg shape.
It was even more "eggy" than this picture.  Not good.

But, I really love this wreath and decided to try to save it.  Using an Exacto knife, I carefully sliced all the shells and felt flowers off the front and sliced all the jute & sisal off the noodle.   It was not fun, but I wanted to re-use all my supplies if I could.  And, bonus, I was able to catch up on some tv and movies while I did it.  Multi-tasking.

I bought this straw wreath form and got to hot glueing away.

Ahhh...much, much better.  No more eggy wreath.



Originally posted by Adventures in DIY

Featured at:
AND





Linked up to:


4 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E this!! It sounds like it was a lot of work redoing it so it wouldn't be "eggy", but it turned out beautifully! Fabulous job, nicely done! ;*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board.

    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beachy theme of your wreath, I live on the coastline of Florida. I will have to make one for my front door, thanks for the inspiration. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.