Sunday, April 21, 2013

DIY Fail

While attempting to fix something on a project I had finished, this happened...

I have spared you the gore.  Just to the right of my thumb, in that little crook, I accidentally stabbed myself with an X-Acto knife.  I tried my best to work the knife in a direction away from other hand, but it slipped and stabbed me.  And I had just broken the tip off of it, so I got stabbed with a non-pointy X-Acto knife!  Oh. my. word.  It's a pretty good cut and I thought I might need stitches, but hopefully I won't.  So, basically that means, I will be laying off the projects for a day or two until this starts to seal up and heal (I don't want it to split open again - yikes!).  I have some projects & posts already in the pipeline, so you'll see a couple of them come across - just know that those were "pre-stabbing".  I guess this will force me to rest and maybe finally start the book I've been wanting to read!

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY

2 comments:

  1. Did you end up having to get stitches? I just did this earlier with a paring knife and while it’s not bleeding an awful lot, it’s throbbing and is clear through to something white-ish inside and I feel it’s going to be hard for it to heal since it’s in such a bad spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't end up getting stitches, but I do still have a white-ish scar there. Since it was so long ago, I don't remember how long it took to heal, but I remember it being painful. I hope yours is feeling better by now & is healing up nicely, if it hasn't already!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.