Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween Jars

Last year, I found this cute Halloween project on the Not So Idle Hands blog.  I gathered up all the supplies and collected empty jars so I could do the project.  And then they sat there.  For a whole year.  I had run out of time to make them last year, so I vowed to do them in time for Halloween this year.  And lo and behold, I did them!  Woo hoo!

They were actually very easy to make - I just wish I would have saved more jars to make more.  I had most of the supplies already, so the only things that I had to buy for this project was a bottle of Mod Podge and battery operated tea lights at the Dollar Tree ($1 for a pack of 3!).  I decided not to use the string lights in them since I only had 3 jars, but as I make more later on down the road, I can always switch to the string lights - it will give much more lighting that the tea lights.

And by the way, this was my first time using Mod Podge.  I thought it was going to be super messy to use, but it was really easy and now I'm wanting to use it for more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.