|See that dark spot close to the roof line? Yeah - that's bees.|
|I spared you the more close-up picture. ICK!|
So, I didn't get much done as it took me awhile to clean up today (and oh-my-goodness, was it hot in the garage! I was dripping sweat!). I did fix the crappy spackle job that I did when I installed the curtain rod brackets in the kitchen as seen here.
Seriously, I know how to spackle. I don't know why I did it so crappy that night. Probably out of frustration. Anyhow, I just scraped off the excess spackle. I did have to take down these brackets though and I'm spackling up the holes again. The curtain rods that I bought at Walmart (they were the shortest ones I could find anywhere) were being difficult when I tried to cut them shorter. They left rough edges and I think that the fabric will get caught on it whenever I want to open up the curtains. I ended up finding curtain rods that were the correct size at Bed, Bath & Beyond - score! So, I got those and will need to install those now. Unfortunately, the hole placement is different with the new set, so I have to start fresh again.
I decided to give up on projects for the rest of the weekend since the whole bee situation just wore me out. I'll just enjoy the rest of my night!