I don't have any completed projects this time around (and no pictures), but I sure am feeling accomplished after this weekend.
So, back to the dishwasher (I know, I know - it just needs to be finished already). I attempted to take the air gap off so I could give it a good cleaning in case that was the source of the leak. I tried and tried and couldn't take it off. I declared the dishwasher to be done for now - I'll just leave a little bowl to catch the few drops of water and will have the plumber look at it when I finally have my master bathroom remodeled. I had to run two loads in the dishwasher today and to my surprise, I found on the second load that there was no leaking at all. Let's hope that it stays that way!
Also, the refrigerator has two leaks. One leak is something that I definitely can't fix, so for now, I just have a bowl on the top shelf to catch the water. The second leak (the water dispenser) started after I changed the filter to try to fix the first leak. When the second leak started, I shut the water off since that was the only way I could get it to stop, but that also meant no more ice. After some research, I found that a possible solution would be to flush the water line - just dispense water for 5 seconds, then off for 5 seconds and repeat several times. I pulled out the fridge and turned the water back on (I also cleaned the floor under the fridge while I was at it) and followed those directions and there seems to be no more leak. Yay!
I should have more time this week and weekend to try out some projects. I have something specific in mind that involves my book case, but we'll see how it turns out.
House: 8, Me: 8