Friday, October 23, 2020

Knott's Berry Farm's Taste of Fall-O-Ween

 Happy October! It's officially my favorite month of the year!

I know I'm supposed to be making an effort on posting more on here and I'm slowly, but surely working on it - I swear!  (Really! I have a couple of drafts that I'm working on).  Ultimately, I have no excuse - it's mostly just taking me time to get back into the routine of blogging again since it's been such a long time.

I'll get into those projects another time, but for now I wanted to share about Knott's Berry Farm's Taste of Fall-O-Ween. This experience is an "...outdoor dining & retail experience celebrating the Halloween season and the flavors of Fall..." starting September 25 through November 1 on Fridays through Sundays (they have since added Columbus Day October 12 and select Wednesdays & Thursdays) . Knott's has opened their entire park (sans rides) and completely decorated for Halloween.  Included in the adult ticket ($35 plus tax) includes a tasting card for 5 tastings, while the children's ticket ($20 plus tax) is for a tasting card for 3 tastings plus the Camp Snoopy trick-or-treat trail.  Adults may also participate in the trick-or-treat trail for an extra fee of $8. Guests of ALL ages are allowed to wear costumes (please see their website for their costume guidelines). Parking is currently free, which was awesome.  Unfortunately, if you were thinking of going to the event & don't already have tickets, all dates are already SOLD OUT.




Now that I've gotten the main information out of the way, let's focus on some of the details!

The Decor

This was my favorite part of the event!  They had everything decorated for Fall & Halloween.  Lots of pumpkins & gourds, cobwebs, fall bunting, skeletons, & more!









The Ghoulish Citizens of Calico Ghost Town

There were some ghostly characters roaming Ghost Town!  All of them interacted with park guests from a distance & are so quick-witted and funny!  Definitely a highlight of the event.




Camp Snoopy Trick-Or-Treat Trail

As I stated earlier, the Camp Snoopy Trick or Treat Trail was included with the kids admission.  However, if you wanted to add it on, it was $8 (paid at the start of the trail).  If you don't want to trick-or-treat, you can still walk the trail to look at all of the decorations, which is what we did!  It was such a really neat area that we walked through it twice - once in the daylight and once at nighttime (it was definitely busier at night, though).

The Headless Horseman makes an appearance in Camp Snoopy, but you have to catch him when he comes out.  I was super looking forward to this since the Headless Horseman is one of my favorite Halloween characters, but we missed him both times we went through the trail.  :(















The FOOD

Even though this event is based on food, it was my least favorite part (although, based on other people's reviews, I'm in the minority!). I'm a picky eater, so my judgement on food is not the best. lol

Creepy Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Ring
(This was "ok". Not great, not terrible)


Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese with Bacon, Panko Crumb Topping, and garnished with Diced Tomatoes
(I LOVE mac & cheese, but this was TERRIBLE. Didn't even finish it)

Blood Orange Lemonade
(This was good!)

Orange Creamsicle ICEE Float
(Yummy!)

Not pictured, but we also got:
*Graveyard Funnel Cake - this was "ok".  The funnel cake was a bit overcooked.  Otherwise, this would have been good.
*Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle - we really like this! It was great.
*MAD Shirley Temple - was refreshing.

Other Stuff!

In addition to all of this, they had vendors selling fall/Halloween items.  We didn't purchase anything, but there was some cute handmade items.

They also had live entertainment performing on stage with a big screen behind it.  (I don't have much information on that as we did not stop to watch and there aren't any details on their app or website).

And that's it!  Have any of you gone to Taste of Fall-O-Ween?  If not, did you try any of Knott's other tasting festivals?  Let me know in the comments!  This was our first one at Knott's and it was a lot of fun and the price was a GREAT value!


Posted by Adventures in DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.