Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kitchen Projects: Fail! - 06/05/11

My nephew was here today to visit me.  The babysitter had planned to take him and my little niece to my town's Cherry Festival, but a big event happened at their house this morning.  Their dog, Sandy, attacked a baby bird and they rescued it from imminent death.  My nephew decided he wanted to keep an eye on the bird rather than go to the festival, so they called on me to watch him.  And he brought the bird with him!  So cute that my nephew wanted to take care of it!

As far as house projects go, the struggles continue!  I don't know why I'm having issues when my projects seem fairly easy.  I attempted to hang up the curtain rods in the kitchen today.  Just screw in the brackets and plop on the rod - easy, right?  Wrong.  The screws wouldn't screw in - they just pushed in very easily like a nail, thusly not keeping a tight grip inside the wall and the bracket was a big wiggly.  Sighhhhhh.  So, I had to spackle up all the holes in the wall, which of course doesn't match the paint color.  Oh well.  I'll need to do some research to figure out how I can get those screws to stay in the wall.  I think anchors will do the trick, but I want to be sure first.  Lesson learned:  after problems with one hole in the wall, do not make any more holes!

Also, I went to Home Depot earlier this week to see about getting longer screws for the handles in the kitchen , but they didn't have anything long enough!   Excuse me?  How does that happen?  So, I think I have figured out how to accommodate for that, but I decided not to attempt that today since I'm still have struggles with my projects.  I'll give an update when I attempt it.

Wow!  I didn't intend this blog to be an outlet for my complaints, but boy oh boy, am I having issues right now!

On a good note:  after I put the kitchen blinds up, I realized that something about them just wasn't doin' it for me.  After a lot of staring at the blinds, I figured out that it was because there was a bit of a gap in between the blinds in the middle of the window.  I kept feeling like it was easy access for a peeping tom!  It bothered me enough to try to fix it,  even after all those hours spent putting them up!  I was easily able to move the one set of blinds over just a tad so that there is no more gap and I'm so happy with the end result. Ta da!
House: 5, Me: 1 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.