As far as house projects go, the struggles continue! I don't know why I'm having issues when my projects seem fairly easy. I attempted to hang up the curtain rods in the kitchen today. Just screw in the brackets and plop on the rod - easy, right? Wrong. The screws wouldn't screw in - they just pushed in very easily like a nail, thusly not keeping a tight grip inside the wall and the bracket was a big wiggly. Sighhhhhh. So, I had to spackle up all the holes in the wall, which of course doesn't match the paint color. Oh well. I'll need to do some research to figure out how I can get those screws to stay in the wall. I think anchors will do the trick, but I want to be sure first. Lesson learned: after problems with one hole in the wall, do not make any more holes!
Also, I went to Home Depot earlier this week to see about getting longer screws for the handles in the kitchen , but they didn't have anything long enough! Excuse me? How does that happen? So, I think I have figured out how to accommodate for that, but I decided not to attempt that today since I'm still have struggles with my projects. I'll give an update when I attempt it.
Wow! I didn't intend this blog to be an outlet for my complaints, but boy oh boy, am I having issues right now!
On a good note: after I put the kitchen blinds up, I realized that something about them just wasn't doin' it for me. After a lot of staring at the blinds, I figured out that it was because there was a bit of a gap in between the blinds in the middle of the window. I kept feeling like it was easy access for a peeping tom! It bothered me enough to try to fix it, even after all those hours spent putting them up! I was easily able to move the one set of blinds over just a tad so that there is no more gap and I'm so happy with the end result. Ta da!
House: 5, Me: 1 1/2