Now that this weekend is over, I will finally have some time to relax and get some other things done. I'm looking forward to more projects, but, I'll just have to get myself back into the swing of things around here.
Now, on to the post for the day...chalkboard tags!
I've seen different versions for awhile on different blogs and Pinterest. Many of them were made of vinyl that you could adhere to a plastic/glass container or a wall/door surface. I needed mine to be as cheap as possible (yet, still lookin' like a million bucks) and also something that I would be able to make at anytime when I needed more. So, here's a quick tutorial.
* Chalk paint
* Hot glue/glue gun
1) Remember this picture from awhile ago? As soon as I saw the spray chalk paint, I knew I could use it to make these tags. So, get out your can of spray or regular 'ole chalk paint.
2) Cut your cardboard to whatever size you'd like. I didn't do any measuring - I just cut them free-hand.
3) Spray the chalk paint onto the cardboard. I didn't read the directions on the can until I was already in the midst of painting, but I did two quick coats. It seemed as the though the paint dried pretty quickly - maybe because the cardboard soaks it up a bit?
4) And then test it out...
5) Once dried, use your hot glue & glue gun and glue the jute around the edges of your pieces. This will cover any raggedy and uneven edges. Like I mentioned, I didn't do any measuring when I cut them, so my pieces weren't always straight and even. I wasn't striving for perfection here.
6) Then punch a hole where you would like so you can tie your tag to your item. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the hole.
7) Take a thinner piece of jute (or whatever you'd like) and string it through the hole and tie it around something. This is what I did to hang my tag from.
Ta da! Super easy, super cute, and best of all super organized! I made a total of 8 tags and plan on making more if I need them. I'm using them in my linen closet & pantry so far and am loving them.
Linking up to:
The NY Melrose Family's Whimsy Wednesdays link party
The DIY Dreamer's From Dream to Reality link party
Creatively Living's Tell It To Me Tuesday link party
Homework's Inspiration Board link party
A Bowlfull of Lemon's One Project at a Time link party
How to Nest for Less' Just a Party With My Peeps link party
Home Stories A to Z's Tutorials & Tips link party
House of Hepworths' Hookin Up WIth HOH link paty
Live Laugh Rowe's Live Laugh Linky link party
Delightful Order's Delightfully Inspiring Thursday link party
One Artsy Mama's Shine on Fridays link party
Too Much Time's Get Schooled Saturday link party
Tatertots & Jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party link party
Ask Anna's Weekend Warrior link party
Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by http://adventuresindiy1759.blogspot.com/