Monday, May 20, 2013

Painted Green Hutch

My sister has recently been acquiring some old pieces of furniture (either for free or for cheap at garage sales) and has been transforming them into useable and cute pieces!  She owns a restaurant and works long days, 6 days a week, and has 2 young kids, but she has managed to find time on her days off to work at whipping these pieces into shape.  She amazes me!  To explain a bit further, my cousin & her family live with my sister and so does the babysitter, so there's lots of people under one roof.  Between all of them and the restaurant (she stores some of the restaurant's items temporarily at the house), she's in much need of any extra storage she can get her hands on.

Anyhow, I thought that I would share some of these pieces with you so you can see what the power of some elbow grease and paint can do.   If she keeps cranking out pieces, I may just have to make this a regular feature!

Unfortunately, I don't have a BEFORE picture, but here is the AFTER.  She chose a nice green color she already had on-hand.  All she did was clean it up and paint.  She didn't even prime it!  She put it in her kitchen/nook area and as you can see, it holds a lot of stuff.  She also utilized some boxes, baskets, and trays to organize.  I'm thinking I may have to help "pretty up" those cardboard boxes with some wrapping paper.

Looks pretty darn good for a quick paint job!  I still have yet to muster up the guts to paint furniture - the pieces in my home that I want to paint are all laminate and I'm a bit hesitant to try (but one day I will).

Originally posted by Adventures in DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.