Monday, January 14, 2013

Disney Care Package: Mickey & Minnie Cup Cozies

This month, my sister & brother-in-law are taking my nephews to Disneyland for a few days.  I was originally going to join them, but we've been told at work that we're not allowed any time off in January, so I won't be going (they'll be there during the week and not a weekend).  Bummer!  I decided to surprise them with a care package, which I mailed out to them last week (got a text a few days ago saying how much they liked the surprise!).   I only recently came up with the idea, so I didn't have much time to put it together (especially since I needed to allow for mail time).  I made up a big list of things to include - once I got to shopping for the items, I could then narrow down the list to handful of things (more on that in another post).

Part of my list included a few handmade items.  If you've never heard of the website, Disney Family.com, you should really check it out.  There's lots of official Disney crafts, printables, and recipes there.  So, I searched the site for different crafts and settled on three; two of which I will be sharing here today.

The majority of the items in the care package were for the kiddos, but I figured that mom & dad deserved something too.  Mom & dad love coffee and I thought these would be perfec - his & hers coffee cup cozies!

and


Cute, yeah?  Just click on the links below the pictures - they will take you right to the tutorials that also includes the templates.  Super easy.  As an example...all you do is cut out the felt using the templates and follow the rest of the directions to put it all together.  There's only a teensy bit of sewing (for the buttons) and for the rest, you'll be wielding your hot glue gun.

For all my projects, I've been trying to use supplies that I already have on hand.  I have so much crap stuff that I've accumulated over the years - it's ridiculous.  So, I vowed to start using it and only buying more if absolutely need be.  For this project, I had everything on hand already - score!   There was just one color of felt I didn't have, but found a decent replacement.  Also, the two white buttons I used, were more of a clear white and I didn't have two of the same, but well, it's close enough.  :)

Here are the final products:  Minnie cup cozy for sister...


And the Mickey cup cozy for brother-in-law (aka Dad)...


There are other versions using other characters on the website - really, really cute stuff.  I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love me some Starbucks hot chocolate and these would be perfect for that as well!

Originally posted by: Adventures in DIY
Linked up to:



Creatively Living's Monday Funday link party

Home Stories A to Z Tutorials & Tips link party

Homework's Inspiration Board link party

The DIY Dreamer's From Dream to Reality link party

Smart! School {House}  & The NY Melrose Family's Whimsy Wednesdays link party

Lil Luna's link party

House on the Way's Twirl & Take a Bow link party

Live Laugh Rowe's Live Laugh Linky link party

House of Hepworths' Hookin' Up With HOH link party

A Bowl Full of Lemons' One Project At A Time link party

Delightful Order's Delightfully Inspiring link party

The 36th Avenue's link party

One Artsy Mama's & Happy Go Lucky's Shine on Fridays link party

Liz Marie Blog's Link Up With Me link party

Tater Tots & Jello Weekend Wrap Up link party

Navy Wifey Peters Submarine Sunday link party

Too Much Time's Get Schooled Saturday link party


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.