Today, I have a project I had been meaning to do for quite some time. I have a few binders in the house to keep some papers organized: #1) recipes, #2) house stuff (helpful tips, maintenance help, garden tips, etc), #3) an idea book (projects that I want to try out). I subscribe to a few magazines and even with my love for Pinterest, I still manage to dog-ear pages of the magazines that hold my interest. Once I'm done reading the magazine, I go back to the dog-eared pages and tear them out. I then file them in page protectors in the appropriate binder. I find it's a good system for me, so I'm sticking with it, at least for now.
This is what I started with.
Neutral Territory's post). I already had leftovers, so I didn't have to spend a dime and the dropcloth really goes with anything. I figured that I can always jazz it up with ribbon and tags, also.
Here's a quick tutorial on how I did it.
* Spray adhesive
* Painter's dropcloth (mine was from Home Depot)
* Scrapbook paper
* Plastic page protectors
* Label maker
1) Open your binder and lay it out fat like the picture below.
2) I then took some spray adhesive and sprayed it onto the front, back, and spine of the binder.
5) I then reorganized inside all of the binders by making my own dividers. Again, I didn't want to waste my good paper, so I just used plain colored paper for the dividers, then cut up the leftover paper from step 4 to make the tabs.
6) Using my Dymo label maker, I made labels for the tabs. Then, I just stapled the tabs onto the dividers. Super easy!
I haven't figured out exactly how I want to label the spines, so they got a temporary label using my old-school Dymo label maker. The binders look waaaay better than before though.
Here's a quick before & after....
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Linked up to:
The DIY Dreamer's From Dream to Reality link party
Lil Luna's link party
The NY Melrose Family's and Smart School House's Whimsy Wednesdays link party
Homework's The Inspiration Board link party
House on the Way's Twirl & Take a Bow link party
Live Laugh Rowe's Live Laugh Linky link party
House of Hepworth's Hookin Up With HOH link party
Delightful Order's Delightfully Inspiring Thursday link party
The 36th Avenue's Link Party
One Artsy Mama's Shine On Fridays link party
Too Much Time's Get Schooled Saturday link party
Tater Tots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up link party
Delightful Order's Paper Organization link party