List of Ingredients:
* Shortening (1/2 cup)
* Peanut Butter (1/2 cup)
* Granulated Sugar (1/2 cup)
* Brown Sugar (packed) (1/2 cup)
* Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
* Baking Soda (1/8 teaspoon)
* Egg (1)
* Milk (2 tablespoons)
* Vanilla (1 teaspoon)
* Flour (1 3/4 cups)
* Granulated Sugar (1/4 cup - optional)
* Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses
1) Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
3) Add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined.
4) Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.
5) Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
6) Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar (this is optional - I always skip this part). Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
8) Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie's center. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
***Makes 54 cookies.
These are really, really tasty and if you love peanut butter, you will love these. The heat from the cookies even makes the Kisses soft and gooey - so yummy! You can also use the many different types of Hershey's Kisses (the ones with almonds would be great!) and one of these days I was thinking to use the mini-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on top. My mouth is totally watering right now! Go make these now! They're good - really, really good! Enjoy!
Linking up to:
Our Thrifty Ideas Tutorial Tuesday link party
Thanks for stopping by!Posted by http://adventuresindiy1759.blogspot.com/