Monday, July 2, 2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Well, well, well.   Lookie what we have here.  It's a first for Adventures in DIY.  A recipe!  I don't cook or bake much and that's not to say I don't know how or that I'm not good at either.  In fact, I'm actually pretty good at what I do cook & bake.  I just don't do much of it since there's not much of a need.  Anyhoo, this weekend I made some of these yummy Peanut Butter Blossom cookies and took them to a party.  They were a big hit - not one left!  (although, I probably should have made at least two batches since there were a ton of people at the party)  They are my favorite cookies and I thought that I would mix it up a bit and share the recipe that I always use (courtesy of Better Homes & Garden's website, www.bhg.com - sorry, but I don't have the exact link to the recipe for you).


List of Ingredients:
*  Shortening (1/2 cup)
*  Peanut Butter (1/2 cup)
*  Granulated Sugar (1/2 cup)
*  Brown Sugar (packed) (1/2 cup)
*  Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
*  Baking Soda (1/8 teaspoon)
*  Egg (1)
*  Milk (2 tablespoons)
*  Vanilla (1 teaspoon)
*  Flour (1 3/4 cups)
*  Granulated Sugar (1/4 cup - optional)
*  Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses

1)  Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.

2)  In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.


3)  Add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined.

4)   Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.

5)  Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.


6)  Shape dough into 1-inch balls.   Roll balls in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar (this is optional - I always skip this part). Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

7)  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.

8)  Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie's center. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.


***Makes 54 cookies.

These are really, really tasty and if you love peanut butter, you will love these.  The heat from the cookies even makes the Kisses soft and gooey - so yummy!  You can also use the many different types of Hershey's Kisses (the ones with almonds would be great!) and one of these days I was thinking to use the mini-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on top.  My mouth is totally watering right now!  Go make these now!  They're good - really, really good!  Enjoy!

Linking up to:
Our Thrifty Ideas Tutorial Tuesday link party



Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by http://adventuresindiy1759.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.