Friday, June 24, 2011

Expedit Makeover

I've been looking at a lot of decor/diy blogs lately (check out Thrifty Decor Chick.  She is freakin' awesome!) and have been inspired to lighten up a bit.  I tend to like dark colors and have a lot of dark pieces in my home, so I'm slowly incorporating some lighter colors and pieces in my home.  (Please excuse the crappy cel phone pics).
BEFORE

AFTER
This is my lovely Ikea Expedit bookcase in the living room.  I just love these Expedit bookcases!  It also acts as an entertainment center with my blu-ray player, wireless router, and modem (the last two are hiding behind picture frames).  Just a few slight changes and it really lightens it up.  (And no, I didn't paint or change the color of the red hat boxes - I just got new ones at Ikea).  Much, much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.