Monday, December 22, 2014

DIY Disney Antenna Topper Ornaments

Can you believe Christmas is here in a few more days?!?!  I think we all say it every year, but each year really does go by so quickly!

I have a quick project for you today.  In fact, I've shared these DIY Disney Antenna Topper Ornaments in the past, but wanted to give a tutorial on how to make them.
Have you ever seen those Mickey antenna toppers before?  I always thought they were so cute, but didn't want to put it on my car's antenna.  Plus, they have sooooo many antenna toppers to choose from and well, my car only has 1 antenna.  So, I never bought them, even though I really wanted to.  Then, I came up with the great idea to use them as Christmas Tree ornaments!  And they are seriously easy to make!

First, you'll want to get some screw eyes from the hardware store.  These are the ones I got from Home Depot.


Then, you'll take 1 screw eye and just screw it into the antenna topper.  Since they are made of a foamy material, they are super easy to screw in.

Next, you'll just attach your string to the screw eye.  You can use fishing line, thread, twine, jute, ribbon - whatever you want!

Lastly, hang it on your tree!

It is really THAT easy!  I try to go with actual park themed toppers, like Goofy on the Hollywood Tower of Terror ride...

Pirates from the Pirates of the Caribbean...


Lightning McQueen from Cars Land...

But, sometimes other ones fall into the mix...


They're really cute, right?!?!  They also have holiday themed toppers if you want for them to have more of a holiday theme.  There are SO many to choose from.  So, next time you're at Disney World or Disneyland, make sure you grab some for your Christmas tree!

Originally posted by Adventures In DIY

Linked Up To:






















2 comments:

  1. i had no idea they have so many toppers. yeesh! the ice cream one is the cutest thing, and i totally used to get that kind from the ice cream man. if we can't find ornaments from our travels, or if they are really that good, we'll sometimes use keychains instead of ornaments.
    happy holidays!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL DANG now I wish I'd bought that ice cream one in October when I loved it! And, since I can't use my wizard Mickey one on my car anymore due to having no antenna, now I know what to do with it :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.