Monday, July 18, 2011

Feeling A Little Bit Accomplished

I don't have any completed projects this time around (and no pictures), but I sure am feeling accomplished after this weekend.

So, back to the dishwasher (I know, I know - it just needs to be finished already).  I attempted to take the air gap off so I could give it a good cleaning in case that was the source of the leak.  I tried and tried and couldn't take it off.  I declared the dishwasher to be done for now - I'll just leave a little bowl to catch the few drops of water and will have the plumber look at it when I finally have my master bathroom remodeled.   I had to run two loads in the dishwasher today and to my surprise, I found on the second load that there was no leaking at all.  Let's hope that it stays that way!

Also, the refrigerator has two leaks.  One leak is something that I definitely can't fix, so for now, I just have a bowl on the top shelf to catch the water.  The second leak (the water dispenser) started after I changed the filter to try to fix the first leak.  When the second leak started, I shut the water off since that was the only way I could get it to stop, but that also meant no more ice.  After some research,  I found that a possible solution would be to flush the water line -  just dispense water for 5 seconds, then off for 5 seconds and repeat several times.  I pulled out the fridge and turned the water back on (I also cleaned the floor under the fridge while I was at it) and followed those directions and there seems to be no more leak.  Yay!

I should have more time this week and weekend to try out some projects.  I have something specific in mind that involves my book case, but we'll see how it turns out.

House:  8,  Me:  8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.