Saturday, January 30, 2021

Stranger Things The Drive Into Experience

Happy New Year!

Sooooo, I failed at keeping up with blogging last year - let's just call it a slow start ;)  I've managed to stay very busy during the pandemic & stay at home orders (I'm in California, so it's been fairly strict here, which, whatever - I'm ok with it).  All of this time at home has been making me nest, so I've gotten lots of things done here around the house: got new patio furtniture, a new BBQ grill, built a sofa table, built an extension for my workbench - I even bought some plants!  I have a black thumb, so that's actually a big deal. lol  I do have plans for more projects, so I’ll be sharing more & hopefully soon!

In the meantime, I want to share about the Stranger Things The Drive Into Experience that I took my niece to back in November!  This special event started at the end of October & is happening thru March 21st in Downtown Los Angeles.  It basically puts you into the Stranger Things world, via your car, and you "drive into" scenes that are happening all around you.  I've attached the link to the event page above, but our tickets were just regular (non-VIP) and it was $97.50 for the 2 of us (cost was per person, not per car & depended on which day of the week you went) and it was about 1 hour long.  It is a little pricey, but with the limited amount of things to do in California and with our love for this TV series, we thought it would be worth it.  Spoiler - we really had a great time!

Speaking of spoilers, I will be sharing some photos I took during the event, so if you plan on going or just don't want to see, this is your warning.




Prior to the event, I received emails with updates, instructions on where to go & when, & a link to a Hawkins High Reunion website.


I can't remember how early we arrived - I think maybe 1/2 hour early. Upon arrival, we went through this entrance & someone checked us in via the Fever mobile app.

Oh look!  The Hawkins High Mascot and cheerleaders were there to greet us!


Hmmm - isn't that Billy's Camaro? 

As we waited for the "reunion" to start, we were given the option to buy some food & snacks at the Starcourt Mall.

We brought our own snacks, so we passed on getting food here, but they had given us the menu upon checking in.  Once you scan the QR code, you place your order via the website and they will bring you your food order to your car!  Very convenient!



They had us tune into a specific radio station at this point. There was a DJ on stage & different characters from the show going through the lines of waiting cars for some pre-show entertainment.


Even though we never got out of the car (although, I wish I would have gone to use their bathroom & taken that time to get better photos! lol), we dressed up to make it more fun.  For Halloween this year, we decided our theme for costumes would be Stranger Things, especially knowing that we would be coming to this event!  Can you guess who we are? 

Yep!  We were Joyce & Robin! Haha  Dressing up ended up being a great move because the Robin character interacted with my niece during one of the scenes and my niece loved that!

Once it was our turn, we followed the line of cars into a parking garage and kept the radio tuned into the station.  Employees did a great job of directing us so that we were parked in the scenes and would have a good view. Sharing some photos from the different scenes.  Again these are spoilers, but at the same time, they do not reveal everything - I do want to leave some things out.








After it was over, we had the option to look and purchase merchandise.  Earlier at check-in, we were given this shopping flyer.

We were directed into a parking spot for the march, where we could see banners with photos of the merch. 



Outside of the driver side window, there was a little stand with a QR code on top.  Just scan it & it will take you to the website to order.  I then got this order confirmation, which I just realized had the wrong date.

We chose the Code Red Bundle & they brought it to us after receiving our order!  And look at that detail - our items came in a Starcourt Mall bag!  

This bundle included 4 items and my niece & I split them.  First up, is a mystery pin (my niece wanted that). 


We also got an air freshener - they had several characters, but we didn't have a choice of which one.  We ended up getting Eleven, which I chose to keep.

This cute mug & the bag behind it were the last 2 items.  I kept the mug & my niece took the bag.

All in all, we had a great time!  Yes it's different and would probably have been better as a walk-through type of event.  But, considering the times we are in right now, it was really great to have something fun like this to do!  We went to this about 2 weeks after Halloween and after having hardly any Halloween events to go to (when we usually go to A LOT), this was a bright spot for us.  My niece absolutely loved it and had a blast and that made it 100% worth it!

Have you gone to this?  What did you think? Do you have any questions?  Let me know if the comments or you can reach me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.